Saturday, June 8, 2013

Welcome! Ongi etorri! Bienvenue! Willkommen! ¡Bienvenidos! Hoş geldiniz! Bainvegni! Добро пожаловать!

Hello all and welcome to Foreign Film Fandom of Madison, WI! This is a forum where we are free to discuss movies from all over the world: their historical contexts, cultural influences, cinematography, soundtracks, and any other social or artistic aspects we deem worthy of dialogue!

Note: I google searched 'movies' and posted this only to later realize that these are all Johnny Depp.

   This blog serves as a mere virtual portal to inform the FFF of trailers, showtimes, further discussion, and provide brief synopses for those unable to attend. For example, I frequently find myself searching for the musical artists who contributed to a particular movie, so if I find something interesting, I'll post a link in the comments box for people to investigate further. Perhaps I'll open up a public FFF Grooveshark account... not such a bad idea. Then Andi doesn't have to borrow my music for 2 years!



   First and foremost I would like to stress that we are NOT movie-prejudiced; that is, no film will be excluded from FFF due to content, time limits, etc. However, consideration must be made for the fact that as a group we have a meager evening to indulge in movie watching and subsequent discussion! Need I remind us of Biutiful???? Of course, in the case there is a ridiculously long movie that people want to see, we can make special arrangements outside of regular movie night, and post further discussion here if desired. And despite having just said that we're not biased, I think we can all agree that we're not looking to get together once a week to watch Fast and Furious or Twilight type movies. While we CAN discuss the 'wide' range of 'emotions' I experience from performances by notable thespians Kristen Stewart and Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson... I'm overwhelmed already.

Keanu and The Rock: emoting 90's sexy.

   Secondly, the details: movie nights will be held at Zig's house on Wednesdays at 8pm. We encourage everyone to come even if you will arrive late. We take breaks (see figure below) and can fill people in, etc. I also would like to make note for the Carlos's of the group that showtime is in fact 7pm. We usually have made some snacks, but if you're super hungry I suggest eating dinner prior to attending. Feel free to bring anything you like: drink, food, more friends (we're also not guest-prejudiced, surprise!).

Figure.

   Finally, I look forward to seeing you all next week! Have a great weekend! Bis später alligator,

                                                                                                                                ---FFF

No comments:

Post a Comment